>  M-x slime RET
>
> I only get this error:
>
> ,----
> | Clojure 1.1.0
> | user=> java.io.FileNotFoundException: Could not locate
> swank/swank__init.class or swank/swank.clj on classpath:  (NO_SOURCE_FILE:0)
> | user=> user=> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: swank.swank
> (NO_SOURCE_FILE:0)
> | user=> user=> nil
> | java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: swank.swank (NO_SOURCE_FILE:0)
> `----
>
> What's wrong?
>
> Bye,
> Tassilo

That's the same error I've commented in another discussion.
I had to download the swank-clojure.jar and point classpath to its
directory with

(setq swank-clojure-extra-
 classpaths
 (list
 "/home/user/.clojure"))
 in the .emacs .

Still have to report the log messages, I'm working in windows atm and
I didn't have time to log into linux. I will this afternoon.