Fogus, I believe it is you who is confused.

The painter is responsible for everything about the painting. Where the brush
strokes are placed, how they are used, the medium that is used, the brush
widths, and everything else. If his point was to paint a bridge he could have
done it through a variety of methods, using a variety of tools, a variety of
strokes, and different points of view.

It is the art collector who then takes the finished masterpiece and decides
whether it is "upside-down" or not.

- Greg