Hi,

On 9 Sep., 20:46, Mike Meyer <mwm-keyword-googlegroups.
620...@mired.org> wrote:

> The first problem with that is that this stuff seems show up
> *everywhere* in Javaland. It's not just web apps, it's pretty much
> anything.

You just lost me completely with your argumentation. I wrote a small
desktop utility (simple problem, simple solution, simple program)
which is distributed to different locations in the company. It works
on Windows and Unix w/o adaption to the system. Download jar and
double-click / execute via java -jar. It works without library version
hell, complicated Makefiles, system differences and other shenanigans.
I'm quite willing to pay more complexity upfront to have it easier in
the end.

It is obvious that Clojure doesn't fit your needs. Then simply don't
use it.

Sincerely
Meikel