On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 12:32 PM, David Nolen <dnolen.li...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 12:22 PM, Mike Meyer
> <mwm-keyword-googlegroups.620...@mired.org> wrote:
>>
>> Clojure great. No questions about that. WAR files, CLASSPATHs, having
>> to wrap *every little command* in it's own script - that's what I'm
>> looking at.
>
> I've already shown that you don't need WAR files. If you really, really hate
> the CLASSPATH you should look at cake. It does require ruby, but it let's
> you essentially write "instant-on" Clojure shell scripts as well as give you
> access to things like the working shell directory if that's the way you want
> to work with Clojure.
>    #!/usr/bin/env cake run
>    (println "Hello world!")
> Other people have felt your pain and have started building solutions. You
> can help them out by using those solutions and giving feedback :)

Woah. I knew cake did some funky build stuff, but I didn't realize you
could make use of it's "global project" like that. The global project
seems to amount to something like Python's site-packages or Ruby's
gems, right? Just a repo of installed packages for the system?

What's the reason that this couldn't be done directly in clojure?
(probably not the best place to start this conversation of course)

--
http://www.apgwoz.com