Mike,

While evaluating Clojure, just remember, you don't have use it for
everything. When you need something simple, as in your examples, then
use cgi. When you need to do something more complex then Clojure can
help.

You cannot deploy a .clj script on a running Tomcat (yet). When you
install Tomcat, you have a ROOT context into which you can place .html
and .jsp files and they will be dynamically loaded. This gives you
about the same functionality as you would get from php and apache.

Even though Clojure doesn't already have what you are looking for it
would not be difficult to make it work. For example, you could create
a generic web app that would have an embedded REPL as well as the
ability to dynamically load code from external files. You would then
just need to install Tomcat (which is easy) and drop this war into it.
Form then on out you would just create simple .clj scripts and drop
them into a directory. You could also connect to the REPL and
dynamically add and remove code from the application. This hasn't been
done yet because I don't think many people would find it useful.

Clojure is new so when you see something missing, build it. That is
why all of this other stuff is so simple, someone built it.

Brenton