On Fri, 17 Dec 2010 22:45:01 -0800 (PST)
tor <torgau...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a way to activate word completion in the repl? I find myself
> hitting tab all the time...

Since nobody else mentioned it (or even offered a solution other than
"Try my environment"), you can use rlwrap (should be available in your
systems package manager) to run your repl, and get word completion -
among other goodies one wants on a command line.

The appropriate rlwrap invocation is:

rlwrap --command clojure --complete-filenames --quote-characters='"'
--prompt-colour=Red

followed by whatever command you use to start the repl.

You'll also want to past this code into a repl running in your home
directory:

(def completions
    (reduce concat (map (fn [ns] (keys (ns-publics ns))) (all-ns))))

(defn save-completions-to [filename]
  (with-open [f (java.io.BufferedWriter. (java.io.FileWriter. filename))]
    (.write f (apply str (interleave completions (repeat "\n"))))))

(save-completions-to ".clojure_completions")

to create the list of completions for rlwrap.

   <mike
--
Mike Meyer <m...@mired.org>             http://www.mired.org/consulting.html