On 12/19/2010 10:21 PM, Ken Wesson wrote:
On Sun, Dec 19, 2010 at 9:42 PM, Tim Daly<d...@axiom-developer.org>  wrote:

On 12/19/2010 9:24 PM, Ken Wesson wrote:
On Sun, Dec 19, 2010 at 8:25 PM, Tim Daly<d...@axiom-developer.org>
  wrote:
On 12/19/2010 8:20 PM, Ken Wesson wrote:
On Sun, Dec 19, 2010 at 8:18 PM, Tim Daly<d...@axiom-developer.org>
  wrote:
  I didn't mean to imply that other people
don't have the "ah-hah!" experience with
other languages. However, I have only had
the (before lisp)|(after lisp) experience
with lisp.

Your enlightenment might vary.

Rich gave his "Whitehead" talk and brought
up the fact that OO languages get several
things wrong.
Out of curiosity, which "several things" were these?
http://www.infoq.com/presentations/Are-We-There-Yet-Rich-Hickey
"Please install Flash Player".

Has everyone on this list developed a sudden allergy to plain text and
HTML? First I get pointed to a 34-minute video, and now this. A simple
bulleted list with a brief precis about each item would have sufficed;
a multi-megabyte install of an executable and who knows how much
futzing around, overkill.

The points made by Rich in the video require context.
Besides, the only way I could make a bullet list would
be to listen to the video again. My memory is hopelessly
lossy.
Exactly why text is preferable to video for stuff that can be
expressed in text. Your memory wouldn't matter -- you could link to
the text. And Google could search inside it.
This video is not just a list of broken things. It goes to the
very philosophy behind the difference between values, identity,
and state. The bullet point you seek is:

* OO programs conflate value, state, and identity.

That is the essence but I'm not sure you'll understand it
without the video.

Tim Daly