On 12/19/2010 7:31 PM, Vagif Verdi wrote:
Haskell has aha moments too. And it is not lisp.

The definition of "lisp" i accept is much simpler and much more
obvious: source code of the program is a valid data  structure in that
language.
I agree that you can't BE a lisp without homoiconicity. However,
I was struggling with Clojure because it lacks nil-punning which
I consider fundamental. I have self-debated a lot of the choices
that Rich made. Now that I'm in "thirst for the language" mode
I understand that nil-punning conflicts with lazy so I can accept
the choice.

Haskell has neat ideas but I've seen them before in lisp-based
systems. I work in a language which is strongly typed, allows
currying, is functional, etc., implemented in Common Lisp. I have
not found the "ah-hah!" in Haskell.

In fact, until the "ah-hah!" moment occurred I didn't know that
it was my working definition of Lisp.

Tim Daly
"Your enlightment may vary" :-)