For the record, I'm trying to get a better understanding of the issues
myself. So mea culpa. I should have provided more context on technomancy's
statement. From my understanding, the issue had to do with technomancy not
getting patches accepted at a faster pace, into clojure core (anyone with
more insight, please chime in):

http://offtopic.bestinclass.dk/post/2532135003/has-clojure-development-stalled

But that's also been countered with the opposite - that Clojure has had
breakneck pace and innovation (which from my vantage point, seems to be
true). So I just took the broader acceptance / clojure stack vs. not, to be
another aspect of which direction to pull the community (or, is the
community saying "yes" enough). Sean, you're correct that they're not
directly related technically.

I'm a former java developer, whose tried scala, ruby, etc. And with clojure,
I haven't been this intellectually excited since I designed my first DSL :)
So I'm interested to know if there are any problems and how to address.
Thanks for the comments - clarifies things for me.