On Sep 3, 2011, at 5:29 PM, nchurch wrote:

> I've edited the page a little bit to make it less prescriptive towards
> Clooj.
>
> http://dev.clojure.org/display/doc/Getting+Started+for+Beginners

I like the revision too.

>  I'm not even
> sure we should put up labrepl, because there are no instructions for
> running it (not at least anything that would be useful to a
> newcomer).

A data point FWIW: when I was a newcomer I found labrepl quite confusing. I
know that the intentions behind it were admirable but I had problems even
"making it go" and more problems after that. I then taught a course using CCW
and the CCW instructions directed people to work with labrepl. I found I had to
give explicit instructions to my students to ignore everything that mentioned
labrepl so that they didn't go down the same rabbit holes. YMMV, of course, but
that's one report from the field.

 -Lee