How do we mere mortals (that develop and maintain large apps) migrate
to 1.3?

I thought I'd be able to at least estimate the effort involved for our
application in about an hour today, but failed. In spite of searching,
looking through various repos, reading the wiki and in general
googling around I was unable to find a migration path for the
clojure.contrib code we currently use. As a first step I thought I'd
fix project.clj so that it correctly points to newer clojure.contrib
library or modules.

A quick grep through our code shows we depend on:

clojure.contrib.combinatorics
clojure.contrib.command-line
clojure.contrib.core
clojure.contrib.def
clojure.contrib.except
clojure.contrib.io
clojure.contrib.java-utils
clojure.contrib.json
clojure.contrib.logging
clojure.contrib.map-utils
clojure.contrib.mmap
clojure.contrib.seq
clojure.contrib.seq-utils
clojure.contrib.str-utils
clojure.contrib.str-utils2
clojure.contrib.string
clojure.contrib.trace
clojure.contrib.zip-filter
clojure.contrib.zip-filter.xml

How do I go from this list to a list of new project.clj lines? After
an hour of poking and probing I only got to:

                 [org.clojure/data.json "0.1.1"]
                 [org.clojure/tools.cli "0.1.0"]
                 [org.clojure/tools.logging "0.2.0"]

I got some version numbers from github repo READMEs, some from
manually listing directories under
https://oss.sonatype.org/content/groups/public/org/clojure/

There must surely be a better way — any hints would be very much
appreciated. Also, a suggestion for documentation maintainers: please
think about people who have code based on 1.2 and haven't followed
Clojure closely for the past 2 years or so — we lack a lot of context
information that might be obvious to you. As an example, I managed to
list lots of clojure.contrib modules before realizing that this
particular modularization is obsolete and has already been abandoned
in one of the alphas.

thanks,
--J.