On Sep 8, 10:36 pm, Armando Blancas <armando_blan...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> There's this page:http://dev.clojure.org/display/doc/Clojure+Contrib
>
> Here's the main page for the new repos:https://github.com/clojure

Problem is, none of those pages help with my problem: how do I go from
a list of 1.2 clojure-contrib modules to a list of dependencies in the
new contrib. Plus the resources above are incomplete.

Take an example -- even in the relatively simple case of
clojure.contrib.combinatorics: note that it is NOT listed on
http://dev.clojure.org/display/doc/Clojure+Contrib, and if I follow
the github repos I'll end up in https://github.com/clojure/math.combinatorics
which tells me nothing about what I should add to project.clj (what is
the latest released version, for instance).

I have to say that from the point of view of application developers
the current state of contrib likely means I won't be migrating to 1.3
anytime soon. What's worse, I'll be left in a situation where there
are bugs in 1.2 contrib which only get fixed in the 1.3 version, which
I won't be able to use. I already have one such bug that I reported
(and provided a fix) for clojure.contrib.json. It never made it into
any contrib release, which means we have to use a locally-modified
version.

I think issues like that are fundamentally important if Clojure is to
be adopted for production work.

--J.