David Nolen <dnolen.li...@gmail.com> writes:
> Waiting for contrib authors to sort out their libraries seems
> unrelated as to whether 1.3 should or should not be released. That's
> like delaying Python 3 because libraries don't support it yet. It
> still wouldn't be released.

Except that Python 3 comes bundled with many more libraries than
Clojure. I think the issue is that Clojure started off in the Python
mold as "Batteries Included" in the form of a coordinated Core +
Contrib, and has since transitioned to "Some Batteries Included",
jettisoning much of Contrib to fend for itself.

I respect the wisdom of those who've made the decision to decouple Core
and Contrib, so I'm not about to question that decision, but I guess I'm
not alone in having viewed Contrib + Core as "Clojure" up to this
point.

-Steve