On 23 Sep 2011, at 06:14, Glen Stampoultzis wrote:

> Ritz looks really nice the setup seems complicated.  I haven't had much luck
> setting it up unfortunately.

Me neither. Here's the steps I took so far:

* Cloned https://github.com/pallet/ritz to a tmp dir
* Copied the slime dir inside ritz into my .emacs.d dir
* Modified my global cake project.clj file to look as follows:

(defproject global "0.0.0"
  :description "Don't rename this project, but you can change the version if
you want."
  :dependencies [[clojure "1.3.0-RC0"]]
  :dev-dependencies [[ritz "0.1.8-SNAPSHOT"]])

* Ran `cake deps --global`
* My .cake dir now looks as follows:

/Users/sam/.cake
├── build
├── classes
├── lib
│   ├── clojure-1.3.0-RC0.jar
│   ├── deps.clj
│   └── dev
│       ├── ritz-0.1.8-20110809.143608-3.jar
│       └── useful-0.4.0.jar
├── pom.xml
├── project.clj
├── run
└── templates
    └── default
        ├── LICENSE
        ├── project.clj
        ├── src
        │   └── +project+
        │       └── core.clj
        └── test

10 directories, 9 files

* The ritz README talks about making sure tools.clj is in the classpath.
However, it appears on OS X there is no tools.jar:

"tools.jar does not exist. Classes usually located here are instead included in
classes.jar. Scripts that rely on the existence of tools.jar need to be
rewritten accordingly." (see
http://developer.apple.com/library/mac/#documentation/Java/Conceptual/Java14Development/02-JavaDevTools/JavaDevTools.html)

* I created a blank project with `cake new foo`
* cd into foo
* Ran `cake ritz` to get the error "unknown task: ritz".

I'm unsure where to go from here. How do I teach cake about the ritz task? Am I
missing any specific steps? Is not having tools.jar available on OS X an issue?

I'd be very happy to write up a "Getting Started" tutorial on the ritz wiki if
I can get things working.

Sam

---
http://sam.aaron.name