On Friday, September 23, 2011 8:00:36 AM UTC-4, Sam Aaron wrote:

> I'd be very happy to write up a "Getting Started" tutorial on the ritz
> wiki if I can get things working.
>
> Sam

 (two months later)

Not to publicly shame you or anything, Sam, but... how's that tutorial
coming along?  :)))

Seriously - did you ever manage to get ritz working? I would like to try
it, but I really need a "for dummies" guide.

I think I have followed the instructions to the letter, but when I run lein
ritz I see this:

% lein ritz
Listening for transport dt_socket at address: 37460
user=> Swank server listening on local port  4005

Note the user=> prompt - I don't think that should be there.

Then, when I run "slime-connect" (which I assume is the missing step in the
ritz readme between "lein ritz" and "set a breakpoint"), I see:

Versions differ: 2010-11-13 (slime) vs. 20101113 (swank). Continue?

Simultaneously, another prompt appears over in the terminal (not in emacs):

Listening for transport dt_socket at address: 37460
user=> Swank server listening on local port  4005
user=>

I answer yes to the "Continue" question, but no repl opens in emacs.

I can enter something at the user=> prompt in the terminal, but it doesn't
respond.

Any idea where I went wrong?

- Chris