On Fri, 23 Sep 2011 08:00:36 -0400, Sam Aaron <samaa...@gmail.com> wrote:

On 23 Sep 2011, at 06:14, Glen Stampoultzis wrote:

Ritz looks really nice the setup seems complicated. I haven't had much luck setting it up unfortunately.

Hopefully we can simplify the process. The setup hasn't been the main priority yet.

* Modified my global cake project.clj file to look as follows:

I've not actually tried running ritz from cake recently. Which version of cake?

(defproject global "0.0.0"
:description "Don't rename this project, but you can change the version if you want."
  :dependencies [[clojure "1.3.0-RC0"]]
  :dev-dependencies [[ritz "0.1.8-SNAPSHOT"]])

I've also not tried running with 1.3.0-RC0.

* The ritz README talks about making sure tools.clj is in the classpath. However, it appears on OS X there is no tools.jar:

tools.jar doesn't exist for the mac jdk. I'll add an explicit comment to the readme.

* I created a blank project with `cake new foo`
* cd into foo
* Ran `cake ritz` to get the error "unknown task: ritz".

I'm unsure where to go from here. How do I teach cake about the ritz task? Am I missing any specific steps? Is not having tools.jar available on OS X an issue?

I imagine this is some issue preventing the cake task from loading. I believe cake logs its output somewhere - maybe you could check the cake logs for ritz related messages?

I'll try taking a look later today.

I'd be very happy to write up a "Getting Started" tutorial on the ritz wiki if I can get things working.

I'll gladly take you up on that :)

Hugo

--
Hugo Duncan