Start a meetup group. The people who show up more than a few times with no up
front promise of a job opportunity will likely be the kind of people you want
to hire. (Don't tell recruiters that though, please.) In addition, it gives you
an opportunity to talk to potential hires in a relaxed setting without a lot of
the BS that normally goes along with a formal recruiting process.

Cheers,
'(Devin Walters)