That's a complicated question. I think consultants* are incentivized
to present new technologies to clients and convince them it's the
right choice.** However, I don't think it ends up being the right
choice for the company on most occasions. I wish that weren't true,
but I believe that's the most common case.

If a client is already using Clojure, and wants to bring a consultancy
in, that's great for the consultancy. However, if a (traditionally
Java) client wants to bring in a consultancy, they are not likely to
be able to support any application written in Clojure. There will
definitely be exceptions; however, I think the general rule holds.

Adopting a language is tough and requires deep organizational
commitment. If a client is willing to make that commitment, great! If
not, you're likely going to fail - sooner or later. The most
interesting technical project I ever worked on was 75% abandoned when
our team left, as the in house devs were not able to support it. Part
of that was due to the way the client structured the contract;
however, the technology choice also contributed to that outcome.

I do believe that Clojure provides an advantage. I use it every day,
partly for that reason. However, you need the people around that can
support it, or it needs to be 'complete' - meaning zero maintenance. A
good example could be building a prototype.

* my statements are generalized to all consultancies, none of my
comments reflect opinions that only apply TW.
** given current consulting models. It doesn't have to be this way.