Michael, I would also love it if bugs got fixed in master more quickly.  I've
done some things to try to make that happen, but for all I know I've only
exacerbated the issue.  I'm still searching for ways to improve that.

One thing I know at the base of all such suggestions is: I am not going to
expect others to change what they do in order to satisfy what I want, unless
we've got a mutually agreed upon contract in place that says so.  Acting
otherwise is akin to storming the North Pole and demanding that Santa give an
accounting of what he's done for me lately.  (I am not saying you have acted
like this -- it is an illustration of what I have to remind myself not to do.)

Here is one suggestion that might help.  Remove the "doc improvements" part
that you mention from the patch submission process completely.  Today you can
fire up a Leiningen REPL, type (cdoc map), and get examples from the
ClojureDocs.org web site.  None of those examples went through JIRA, and anyone
in the world can update them in 5 minutes.

I'm not saying we should all rest on the laurels of the cdoc macro.  If one
wanted *slightly* more editorial control of what appeared in those doc strings,
they could publish a not-very-large file of "new improved doc strings" and make
a macro like doc and cdoc that shows them.  Or one could even redefine doc in
your own REPL to show the new doc strings instead of the ones built into
Clojure.  Publishing such a file on github would work, and the person
publishing that file of new improved doc strings could take pull requests, or
whatever they chose that works for them, to update them.  It would take someone
with the energy you have shown in reviewing and accepting upates to
clojure-doc.org.  I do not mean by that statement that I expect you to do such
a thing -- only to describe the kind of time and thought required.  Anyone
could do it.

Andy