I disagree, when I use tracing fns and other useful REPL tools,
I like to have them included without having to prefix them with an alias.

It's not a hack  it's a feature and you are free to use it or not.
If code writers do not care about code readers it's a choice, maybe bad but
that decision is not yours to take. It's theirs in their own context.

Now this thread has slowly shifted to "can we streamline how we express this
feature" to "lets forbid this feature to be used". If ends up creating such
"policies" enforced by the language, it's the wrong route.

My answer to such proposals is a definite "no". This a red line to me that
should
not be crossed.

Luc P.

Softaddicts<lprefonta...@softaddicts.ca> sent by ibisMail from my ipad!