> update them one at a time.  Obviously, I do not want to write something that
> updates the enemies and, after the enemies are fully updated, the bullets
> get updated. I need something that updates enemies while updating the
> bullets, at the same time.  Maybe a code example would help?

er... i suspect you need to explain better... it doesn't make any
sense to me what you are saying. you have to break out what you mean
by updating, and why they "obviously" cannot be done sequentially.
since, i suspect, that's how most all games have done it since the
dawn of 8 bit cpus :-) no?

i suspect you are saying you don't want enemies to step beyond a
bullet or some such issue. but waving some magic concurrency pixie
dust is not a solution, at least if you aren't able to explain how it
*would* be a solution.

generally in simple simulations you accept a certain finite time step
that things jump. and you have to deal with that explicitly e.g. in
your collision detection or whatever.