On Saturday, 4 January 2014 21:47:32 UTC, David Nolen  wrote:
> Elm is cool, but still at this point I consider it a toy system. Being able
> to directly interact with HTML/CSS/JS is absolutely critical.

Can you develop this a little bit further? For example I don't see any point
for having to care about dom, tags and divs in a UI and anything that can
abstract this assembly-like jargon for me is more than welcome.

> ClojureScript is not focused on FRP research or experimentation - production
> usage is the main focus.

That is absolutely one of the the reason why I like clojure community. It's not
just a theory bubble, it's enterprise-ready. However, this community is
particularly sensible to sound, interesting and 'simple' academics ideas and
more often than once you see papers popping out as a reference for certain
library implementation. I'm not qualified enough to say that FRP is one of
these ideas, but it certainly seems so.

> If you want to build an easier ClojureScript environment so more people can
> play around with it with fewer setup hassles - go for it! I think there are
> some similar efforts afoot (Light Table, Session, etc.).

:) Indeed. But let's be more clear with one example. Every time I want to do
animations/3d/other effects in clojurescript I end up importing a stateful JS
library and try to wrap it with clojure calls. With Elm, you may very well
think that JS does not exist at all, if you see what I mean. It's a language
for building UI that incidentally compiles to JS.