Brandon J. Van Every wrote:
Bill Hoffman wrote:

There are no other differences in the PCRE library. It is straight C code, not Chicken output, so it doesn't need any of Chicken's usual flags. It is a properly independent sub-library. We just don't want to have people doing -lchicken -lpcre, we want the PCRE library embedded in -lchicken.
So, in a perfect world, (where everyone uses CMake :-) ) this would not be a problem. Because cmake will automatically chain the dependent libraries. The user only has to specifiy -lchicken and cmake will add the -lpcre. You can put .o files into the list of sources for a cmake target. I suppose you could get something that would only build the stuff twice, once for shared and once for static. And use target_depends to make sure things are built in the right order...

-Bill