Jim:  I had this discussion with my Chiropractor not to long ago,  even
carried him the drug information that Novartis sent to me about all the
side effects. The reason for me showing this to him,  he has treated me for
some time now saying that I had arthritis that has set up really bad in
both Sacroiliac Joints and now I have it in a joint right behind the second
toe on the left foot, and am beginning to think it's beginning to set up
some in the right hand.  We think that the Gleevec helped to "expedite" the
arthritis along.  I will turn 60 in September,  so I expected to suffer
later on in life,  not this early.  There have been times I can't even
stand up straight.  I have an appointment on June 3rd with an orthopedic
surgeon to get his opinion about my lower back problems.  I suffer a lot
from sciatica going down the back of both legs at times,  and lately I've
been getting around with a cane.

I discussed the "arthritis" problem at my last doctor visit at the cancer
center.  She said that they have had some patients who have had to go
through chemotherapy and noticed that their arthritis lessened while on
Chemo,  but as soon as they finished with the drugs,  the arthritis pain
came right back.
I think I even asked about "Celebrex",  but seems doctors are hesitant
about prescribing that.  Right now,  my regiment is 325/5 Hydrocodone along
with Advil Liquid Gels.  I hate taking drugs,  but the stabbing pains at
night into my hip almost makes me cry,  so go ahead and take it for the
relief.

Thanks,
Suzieq