Hi Jeanie,

First thing, don't be concerned with changing you'r doctor. Moffitt is a
big place and I am sure that this new new doctor will take good care of
you. just give him or her the chance to know you, and may i suggest having
your current doctor get in touch with your new doctor and let them acquaint
each other.

Our friends and family's are what keeps us going because they care about
us, well mostly anyway.

Now do i take any Opiates? Well there was a time that i had to, but let me
explain: When i was in that plastic bubble for many months receiving my BMT
i had so much pain caused by *mucocytes from the Chemotherapy and
Radiation.*

Similar to terrible mouth sores that go to most of the mucus membranes from
your lips through your entire digestive track including my "solid waste
excretion point", causing extreme uncontrolled pain.
Worse yet was that i was not allowed to eat any solid food but kept me on
IV nutrition called TPN which caused me diarrhea.

It was so bad that at first they would try and have me gargle with Viscos
Lidacaine but it did absolutely nothing for me. They then tried Mycostatin.
Just made me throw up. Then they brought a Morphine drip and there was a
button on it so i could press it whenever i needed it. All that did was to
make my hallucinate and caused little or no relief but they kept on on me
because i would eventually go to sleep, but once i got up the pain was also
back again. So much to the point i became addicted  to it.

It took me by my own will and couple of months to end my addiction but the
pain was still there so i decided to not use any types of Opiates again.

I once helped a young woman about thirteen years ago who was about to go
through a BMT and advised her of what mat happen to her after she started
her BMT which was in the same environment that i went through and mentioned
about the *mucocytes* and she paid attention to what i said. Yes she did
get *mucocytes and suffered through all of that pain but she knew how to
handle it, and ended up dealing with it. Mind **controlling** her body....*

You may always hear me say that your mind also can control your body, and i
learned that it did. I want to let anyone know that if you ever need to
take any opiates then only in most cases you may need to but you also have
to try some other things if you ever have to.

I learned from my nurse that came into the bubble that i had to live in.
First she had to gown up and come into that bubble completely serial,
surgical gown,  hat, booties, mask actually two sets, and had to stay down
wind of me because it was actually a laminar air flow chamber which
filtered air through a heppa filtration chamber behind me blowing the air
from the back of me through a special vent at the end of the chamber.

She stood next to me and whispered three words into my left ear "it's only
temporary". She then walked out and i was left with those three words which
i took advantage of. I immediately stopped that Morphine drip and put my
mind in another place, as much exercise that i did within that bubble and
waited until my white blood cell counts went to beyond 1,000. That was the
magic number. After all of those months i was finally released.

I want to tell you something: Remember that was almost 30 years ago and
things have been so much better then it was then.

Now the point is that if you were to ask me would i do all of this again
but back in that time, my answer is YES because of what i learned and have
the ability of passing it on to others.

You now know some personal things about me but if it can help someone else
then it is well worth it. Learn something new every day.

Life is a very delicate thing and never sell yourself short even by one day
of it.

18's,

Marty