Actually, it offers all those features and more. In fact, Typo3 now sports an extension manager which makes it easier for people to create custom extensions. It's best to read the documentation or play around with it on the test site. That way you can see all the different standard plugins Typo3 offers or you can get creative and design your own.

Michelle

On Wednesday, October 30, 2002, at 08:56 PM, Rex Chung wrote:

IMHO, typo3 is just a web page content management. It lets to construct
custom web pages, layouts with images easily and manage it, but it
doesn't really manage 'content' such as products catalog, comments,
bulletin board as such?

Just something to watch out for I think.

Rex.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:cms-list-admin@;cms-list.org]
On
Behalf Of Michelle Heizer
Sent: Thursday, 31 October 2002 1:54 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [cms-list] CMS for project site

Thanks, Don.

For most of the project, we had two people and a third came on board
near
the end.  Now we are up to about 10-15 content editors.  Typo3 makes
it
very
easy for people to update their content which helps us a great deal.
Before
everyone was using Dreamweaver, but never really got the hang of it
and so
the content on the Web site became pretty outdated.  If anyone ever
needs
Typo3 tips, just ask... ;)  It's a great program.

Michelle