On 2020-08-18, at 07:16:36, David Boyes wrote:

> The format is described in the entry on NAMEFIND in the CMS Command
> Reference. I'd agree it's probably not an officially designated GPI, but it's
> a pretty detailed description in an official publication (it's been there
> since VM/SP3 at least).

Long ago, reading RFC822: https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc822

... I experimented and tried to create an entry for the example:

6.2.4.  DOMAIN-DEPENDENT LOCAL STRING

        The local-part of an  addr-spec  in  a  mailbox  specification
        (i.e.,  the  host's  name for the mailbox) is understood to be
        whatever the receiving mail protocol server allows.  For exam-
        ple,  some systems do not understand mailbox references of the
        form "P. D. Q. Bach", but others do.

...such as
    "P. D. Q. Bach"@example.com

I couldn't do it so I went to SR.  Got WAD.  Has this
ever been fixed?

-- gil