Thanks for the suggestion.

In general, I'd like to stay with NAMES-style entries because all those other
tools you mention use them, so IMHO it's more likely for IBM to support it
long-term if their own tools use it. I had looked at writing an analogue to the
functions of the CMS filesystem (open, read, write, update, point, close) and
using Pipe structures to compose/parse the records, but the lookup functions
built into NAMEFIND eliminated a lot of code and the format is human-readable.
I had also experimented with using the vardump/varload stages to essemtially
maintain a big REXX stem, but that got fairly baroque in short order.

Worth a try though, I suppose.

On 8/18/20, 7:30 PM, "CMSTSO Pipelines Discussion List on behalf of
amphitr...@ok.de" <CMS-PIPELINES@VM.MARIST.EDU on behalf of amphitr...@ok.de>
wrote:
    Sure: CSV.