If you're going to play with the userid, you need to use workunits.   Once your
APPC connection to the SFS server is established, changing your userid doesn't
affect operations over the existing connection.  Workunits create new
connections.  See DMSPUSWU and DMSPOPWU so that you can change the default
workunit.

Regards,
Alan

Alan Altmark