On Wed, Dec 13, 2023 at 15:01 Rob van der Heij <rvdh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 13 Dec 2023 at 23:37, Alan Altmark <alan_altm...@us.ibm.com>
> wrote:
>
> > If you're going to play with the userid, you need to use workunits.
>  Once
> > your APPC connection to the SFS server is established, changing your
> userid
> > doesn't affect operations over the existing connection.  Workunits create
> > new connections.  See DMSPUSWU and DMSPOPWU so that you can change the
> > default workunit.
> >

> With CMS Pipelines you don't tweak the default work unit because for
> anything beyond trivial pipes, you don't know when files are created or
> changed. The SFS device driver has options to specify what workunit to use.
> By default, >sfs uses a private work unit.
>
> Rob

Thanks Rob,
Since >SFS uses a private work unit by default, doesn’t that mean it gets a
new work unit before connecting to the sfs server? Diag d4 is done before
the pipe command, so I’m expecting the new connection to appear to initiate
from the altuser id.

Am I misunderstanding what PIPE AHELP >SFS is telling me? What
does”PRIVATE” mean in this context?