The Sailing Anarchy Cruiser's Forum discussions certainly fit my current
station in sailing better than most of the other SA forums.  The community
reminds me of the extinct CompuServe sailing groups back in the 90's.  Some of
the same people are still posting quality info on CA.  I also check in on the
Fix It and Gear sections and use the search function if I am looking for other
opinions regarding the ongoing battle to keep an old C&C afloat.

In the 70's we had to rely on yacht club bars for quality crew position
networking.  The interweb certainly has changed that dynamic.  The expanded
community is impressive.  I have met several sailors from SA and other web
sites and have been able to introduce them to others that sail in their region.

If I was 20 something again with my hair on fire to sail the newest and fastest
design in top end regattas I would be more interested the hot dog's postings to
SA.  I am no longer interested in the latest ISAF or America's Cup rumors or
sea lawyer's argument used to gain an advantage against a better sailed
competitor. I do enjoy reading about the Class 40 and other high end short
handed offshore races.  The regular reports of daily life competing at that
level have replaced most if not all of my sailing magazine subscriptions.

Even in the crowded sailing web site environment I believe there is space for a
site that offers quality coverage of affordable racer/cruiser and classic
plastic boat topics.  It would be great to see a little more life on Stu's C&C
site. (Not to take away from the list but to capture and involve less
enthusiastic C&C owners.)

Martin
Calypso
1971 C&C 43