From: Stevan Plavsa <stevanpla...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Stus-List Great Lakes Water Levels
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Date: Thursday, October 4, 2012, 8:19 AM

What about water use? Irrigation, municipal, etc? Is that a factor?
SteveC&C 32Toronto

On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 12:40 AM, Ronald B. Frerker <rbfrer...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Mostly makes sense.  However, flow through the Chicago canal to the Mississippi
by way of the  Illinois doesn't ever cause much more than flushing a toilet in
MPLS.  The Chicago was diverted to the Illinois to keep Chicago sewage out of
Lake Michigan.  The canal just allows for traffic between the river and the
lake given the river course change.
Also, I believe someone mentioned the dredging earlier, but IIRC, flow rate
would not be as related to river depth as to the drop rate of the river bottom
and the height of water column of the upper lakes.  If only a section was
dredged and not the entire river, I would think the flow rate would not be
significantly different due to dredging.
I'm not overly familiar with that section of the country, but it does sound
more like a weather problem than a man-made
 one.RonWild CheriC&C 30STL