Where are you located Marek?Ron

--- On Thu, 10/4/12, Marek Dziedzic <dziedzi...@hotmail.com> wrote:

From: Marek Dziedzic <dziedzi...@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Stus-List Great Lakes Water Levels
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Date: Thursday, October 4, 2012, 10:30 AM

There is also the effect of the post-glacial rebound
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-glacial_rebound).
The evaporation (esp. during winter) and much lower precipitation (there were
some 6 months of near (or real) draught) create a perfect storm for the lower
water levels.

Possibly, time to move to wing keel (or centre board)? I
did (now all the racers will chime in to condemn the move). But we have the low
water levels for at least three years now (not on the Great Lakes, but the
water
level problem is common). Any boat with more then 5ft draft is stuck in the
harbour for at least half of the season; and sometimes we have even less than
that. With my 3ft6in darft I am sailing (granted, less efficiently) and the
racers are not.

Marek

-----Inline Attachment Follows-----