There is also the effect of the post-glacial rebound
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-glacial_rebound). The evaporation (esp.
during winter) and much lower precipitation (there were some 6 months of near
(or real) draught) create a perfect storm for the lower water levels.

Possibly, time to move to wing keel (or centre board)? I did (now all the
racers will chime in to condemn the move). But we have the low water levels for
at least three years now (not on the Great Lakes, but the water level problem
is common). Any boat with more then 5ft draft is stuck in the harbour for at
least half of the season; and sometimes we have even less than that. With my
3ft6in darft I am sailing (granted, less efficiently) and the racers are not.

Marek