  From: Chuck S
  To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
  Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2013 5:00 PM
  Subject: Re: Stus-List Handicap review

  Self policing sport:
  We have been racing in non-spinnaker class, and we always have new people
aboard learning.  And I'm still learning myself.
  In a very short race, with drifter light winds, my crew tried to use a boat
hook to hold out the genoa clew.  The boat behind said it was illegal.  I asked
their skipper to confirm and he agreed, so we put it away and rigged our spin
pole, which took us a long time because we had to setup the pole lift, and are
so green.  I always wondered if I was naive about using a boat hook.  I'd like
to rig a 4 ft strut on each side of the boat for pushing the genoa out.  The
spin pole is inefficient, because it is 15 ft long.  Thoughts?

  Chuck
  Resolute
  1990 C&C 34R
  Atlantic City, NJ