David,

Ditto the others' advice.  Make offer subject to survey.  Don't use the
broker's surveyor.

I personally wouldn't include instruments or bottom.  I'd rather deal directly
with an instrument installer and a boat yard for the bottom.  I wouldn't want
the broker in the middle of these if an issue comes up.

Further, it allows you to do the research and chose your own instrument
installer and/or boat yard.  Be advised the instruments may have transducers
that need to be installed at haul out anyway.

I personally would want to supervise the bottom work and specify the paint,
etc.  If you're going to do the bottom work immediately after purchase, you
might try to escrow some $$ in case there's work the surveyor misses.  The
broker won't like it.

Good luck,

Dennis C.
Touche' 35-1 #83
Mandeville, LA

 associated with one nearby.  Also, whose responsibility should it be to get
the bottom ready for the new season?  Any suggestions welcome.  Thanks- Dave