FYI:

Some research and it appears that upon receiving a request from law
enforcement for your files, they will provide the information without your
consent. It doesn't specify about files that have been deleted, but they are
obligated to provide any information they have about you, which would likely
include deleted files.

Here is the quote from Dropbox Terms of Service:

"Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement Requests; Protection of Dropbox's
Rights.   We may disclose to parties outside Dropbox files stored in your
Dropbox and information about you that we collect when we have a good faith
belief that disclosure is reasonably necessary to (a) comply with a law,
regulation or compulsory legal request; (b) protect the safety of any person
from death or serious bodily injury; (c) prevent fraud or abuse of Dropbox
or its users; or (d) to protect Dropbox's property rights. If we provide
your Dropbox files to a law enforcement agency as set forth above, we will
remove Dropbox's encryption from the files before providing them to law
enforcement. However, Dropbox will not be able to decrypt any files that you
encrypted prior to storing them on Dropbox.(Dropbox, 2012)"

Dropbox. (2012, Oct 15). Dropbox privacy policy. Retrieved on 30 Mar 2013
from https://www.dropbox.com/privacy