Yes, probably the starter.  It could be a couple of repairable things
though.  I think the most likely is the brushes and commutator.  Brushes
are pretty easy to replace and the commutator can be polished up.  The
circuit between the brushes and commutator needs to be solid for the
solenoid to have enough current to pull the fork that throws the drive gear
into the flywheel.  If you want to save a buck or are in dire need you can
disassemble and repair the starter but for the time and effort required it
is probably better to have it rebuilt or replaced.

The wife and I were in a foreign Spanish port when the starter on the boat
we were chartering failed.  We managed to disassemble the whole starter and
cleaned out all the carbon dust and dirt.  We cleaned the commutator with
the only thing we had, balsamic vinegar.  The brushes were worn and needed
replaced but the cleaning managed to get us started.

You might also check the quality of the connections and wires powering your
starter.

Josh

--
When privacy matters.