I am going to have to get down on my hands and knees and really spec out the space I have for these solutions. 30-2's have a L shaped galley to port with center line sinks and an outboard icebox. Just forward of this unit is a u shaped salon so there is some space alongside the sink and behind the salon cushions. Closer to the centerline there is space under the seat cushion. All this space is centered for and aft and low in the boat so handling shouldn't be negatively effected. I wouldn't mind mounting something on the outboard wall of the icebox, we have a slight list to starboard because the way the water tanks and gear are mounted.

The stand alone units look good, but floor space is at a premium unless I can fit them under the salon table in the center seat area. I'll make a cardboard footprint template and see how that works.

Aft of the ice box there's the stove and then a bulkhead with folding door to the aft cabin so there's no quarter berth to place a stand alone unit there. Rob really designed a compact, feature filled interior, but there's a dearth of unfettered cabin sole. Most 30-2s I've seen had built in units using the ice box, but those were built in the late 80's and the technology has come so far....

Thanks for all the input.  I'll let you know what I find.

From: "Rick Bushie" <rickbushie...@gmail.com>
Sent: Sunday, December 15, 2013 9:09 PM
To: <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Subject: Re: Stus-List Refrigeration for a C&C 30-2

I installed the Isotherm SP unit on Anchovy this year. The original insulation is 3/4" styrofoam and it had separated from the plastic pan. I drilled the pan with about gazillion holes and filled the void with pourable foam. I pulled the bottom out of the aft counter locker to gain access to the outside of the existing insulation and added two inches if pink rigid foam. That's also where I installed the compressor unit. Another layer of two inch foam went on the inside and another smaller hatch was cut for the freezer. The unit is devided into an approx 1 cu ft freezer whit a spill over fan/thermostat unit to approx 2.5 cu ft fridge. The compressor draws about 4-5 amps and runs for about 15 minutes 2-3 times an hour. I added an 80 watt solar panel and another 240 amp hours of battery capacity with an echo charger setup in conjunction with the reefer mod. I've not had any problems with power management this year.
Rick Bushie
Anchovy 1971 30-1, Hull 1
Worton Creek, MD

Sent from my iPhone