I installed the Isotherm SP unit on Anchovy this year. The original insulation
is 3/4" styrofoam and it had separated from the plastic pan. I drilled the pan
with about gazillion holes and filled the void with pourable foam. I pulled the
bottom out of the aft counter locker to gain access to the outside of the
existing insulation and added two inches if pink rigid foam. That's also where
I installed the compressor unit. Another layer of two inch foam went on the
inside and another smaller hatch was cut for the freezer. The unit is devided
into an approx 1 cu ft freezer whit a spill over fan/thermostat unit to approx
2.5 cu ft fridge. The compressor draws about 4-5 amps and runs for about 15
minutes 2-3 times an hour.  I added an 80 watt solar panel and another 240 amp
hours of battery capacity with an echo charger setup in conjunction with the
reefer mod. I've not had any problems with power management this year.
Rick Bushie
Anchovy 1971 30-1, Hull 1
Worton Creek, MD

Sent from my iPhone