I have insurance and it includes under-insured protection, so I'm covered. It doesn't matter if the other guy won't carry insurance. In the case of an incident my policy will cover off my losses. If the insurance company wants to recover then they go after the other guy, I don't need nor am I entitled to.

        Cheers, Russ
        Sweet 35 mk-1

At 07:39 PM 04/04/2014, you wrote:
I certainly would not race against uninsured boats.

John McLaughlin
C&C29-2
"Falcon"

-----Original Message-----
From: Dennis C. <capt...@gmail.com>
To: CnClist <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Sent: Fri, Apr 4, 2014 6:59 pm
Subject: Re: Stus-List Whisker pole - Now racing insurance?

Guess I'm in a weird area. Louisiana is fairly litigious but I've never been asked for insurance for dockage or racing. For racing, a valid PHRF certificate is all I've been asked for. We occasionally have to sign a liability waiver for some races.

I have been asked for it for dockage in Florida.

I think the race organizers around here think that the USSailing coverage is adequate.

Dennis C.