I installed a TackTick wireless wind sensor on the mast last year and a
receiver at the helm station.  I am considering adding an iPad with something
like iRegatta at the helm station.  It looks like I need something like this
iSteer device:  http://www.madmanmarine.com  to get the NMEA to wireless.  What
do I need to go from the Tacktick to the iSteer?  It looks like the T122
Raymarine Wireless interface may be designed for this, but is that the only
option?  That starts bringing the cost of the system up dramatically.  I am
concerned that all of this is an expensive toy that will be supplanted rapidly
by better wireless boat systems.  Thanks- Dave

David Knecht
Aries
1990 C&C 34+
New London, CT