  From: Russ & Melody via CnC-List
  To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
  Sent: Friday, October 17, 2014 1:42 PM
  Subject: Re: Stus-List torqing keel bolts

  Hi Lloyd,

  Sounds like you have a good mechanic.
  Good practice for fine work or critical assembly is back off & re-torque but
it's unnecessary for keelbolts. And is the spec for dry & clean or lubricated?

  We just need them "tight enough", 10% over is no big deal. I would check each
at spec then try again at 10% over on any that prove tight on first go, but
stop at movement.

  But only 250 ft/lbs?... have you got 3/4 bolts? 1" should be 350 ft/lbs.

  I'm surprised he didn't suggest a torque-multi as Jim did. If you use an
extension on the socket then you need to compensate for that torsion as well
(depends on the length of the extension).

  KISS, we're closer to farm equipment standards here than race cars. :)

          Cheers, Russ
          Sweet 35 mk-1