I've been following the conversation about Keel Bolts and cracks.  While we
didn't build your boats, I do have some general advice...

Cracks -  It is easy to think that a crack indicates something is
breaking.  Really, it means that something HAS BROKEN.  A crack around the
keel is potentially very serious.  If it is just the C&C smile, not as
serious, but if you find cracks in the laminate, or the structure or any of
the tabbing, get it looked at!

They will not heal themselves, and the consequences are really, really
bad.  Addressed early, the repairs may not even be too expensive.

Torque

In some of these threads, it seems like people are going to extremes
torqing up the nuts.  My guess is that you are trying to lift the keel up
to the hull with the nuts.  Don't do that!  I don't know the exact bolts
you may have, so I can't give you exact numbers, but that information is
easy to find.

All over torquing does is increases the odds of stripping, galling or
breaking a bolt. Even if you don't cause your keel to fall off, breaking a
bolt is a huge headache.

The proper tool is the Travellift and a good operator.  To re-seat the
keel, make sure that the travellift sits the hull down flush on the keel.
The nuts are just there to keep it there.

Happy Thanksgiving

Will Harris
C&C Yachts