From: "Burt Stratton via CnC-List" <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
To: "Dave Godwin" <dave.god...@me.com>, cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Sent: Tuesday, December 23, 2014 7:17:31 PM
Subject: Re: Stus-List Diving your own boat

Good stuff in response to my questions.

I think I will continue on to get dive certified just because it sounds like
fun. I have some experience diving but never got certified. I know people who
are but over time I’m sure that little complication will become more of a
hassle than I want to deal with. I did look at the hookah and cockpit snorkel
compressor systems and decided that it would be just simpler all around (and
not much more costly) to get a tank and regulator and a way to put air in it
cheaply whenever I need it. My guess is that for my purposes I can probably get
away with two fills a year unless I want a lot of free lobster or get a spear
gun for Christmas.

I have cleaned my hull free diving but getting too old for that. Great workout
but can’t do the zinc or anything else that needs more than 90 seconds. Maybe
I’ll offer to do some of my mooring neighbors’ boats and re-coup a few bucks
from my diving toys.

Regarding bottom paint. I do use ablative paint (Micron CSC). It works well in
Narragansett Bay and I like that it gets thinner as I clean it. At the mooring
I’m pretty much all set with the best practice Nazis.

Burt