Chuck,

I have the wireless wind with the 12 volt display.  Good news is no
wiring.  Still requires a trip up the mast.

Remember, the transducer may not fit in the current thru hull sleeve.  If
you want to integrate the instruments into a chartplotter you need to buy
the T122 interface and connect using NMEA 183 - not 2000.

Joel
35/3
Annapolis

On Thu, Mar 26, 2015 at 1:38 PM, Chuck Borge via CnC-List <
cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:

> Hi Listers,
>
> I've got KVH Quadro instruments that are working properly, with the
> exception of Wind Speed.  The darn cups seem frozen and my wife can't seem
> to haul me up the mast.  Regardless, I'm assuming the bearing is toast or
> worse, and I'm not sure it is worth investing more money in such old
> technology.
> So the question is, while thinking about Defender's sale this weekend,
> should I swap out to a new Raymarine T-108 bundle?  How tough is the
> install?
> And lastly, is there a market for the KVH stuff to offset the cost of the
> new stuff? I've got a brain, 2 displays and the keypad, plus the
> aforementioned masthead unit (anemometer not functioning)
>
> Thanks for any advice,
>
> Chuck B
> C&C 34 Elusive
> Somerset, MA