I got it from Oyster Bay Boat Shop, but they may only sell wholesale.

I think the cost was around 1400.  Probably 10 years ago.  My original pole
was 4 ½” , too big to mess with. Forespar stops making 3 ½” tubes at around
16 feet, but they agreed to do this at 17 feet and 3 ½” if they could put a
couple extra wraps of carbon on , which was fine with me. It is light enough
I could throw it like a javelin.  The best thing is that to deploy, you just
pop the bottom out of the urethane jaws, and pull the car down and it just
shoots right out

Russ, doesn’t seem to be a problem in front of the mast as far as I can see.
It is smaller than the mast, so it is kind of line an extension in my view.

It has a clear coat.  I am not sure if that is enough protection, but I see
the 1997 J-160 down the dock with a clear coat on their  carbon mast, and it
is still holding up. I think it is like you have to varnish over West System
to protect it.

I could be wrong.  I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

Bill Coleman

C&C 39