From:   Chuck S <cscheaf...@comcast.net>
To:     Jean-Francois J Rivard/Atlanta/IBM@IBMUS, "CNC boat owners,
cnc-list" <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Date:   05/04/2015 05:14 PM
Subject:        Re: Stus-List Spinnaker pole storage

I want a whisker pole!

From: "Jean-Francois J Rivard via CnC-List" <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Sent: Saturday, May 2, 2015 7:37:51 PM
Subject: Stus-List Spinnaker pole storage

We have 2 poles on the boat now, the spinnaker pole and the whisker pole.

The spin pole is stored as per the original C&C design: A half loop built
into the bow pulpit fore and a 3 inch shaft sticking out of a stanchion
mount aft. The forward jaw securely grabs the loop and the aft end just
slips onto the shaft.  A simple and secure setup.  It's right above the
rail.

For the whisker pole I sort of copied the design.  I have 2 stanchion
mounted furler line fair Leeds and a stainless U bolt that screws into the
holes where the line would go. That's mounted on the bow pulpit and I have
a Forespar stanchion mount on the aft part.  I like that on both sides the
pole end jaw is closed on a rigidly mounted loop. This way no matter what
there's no chance of a 1000.00 $ + pole slipping to Davy Jones' locker.

In both cases it's right above the rail and does not interfere in any way.

Btw.  The Forespar telescopic whisker pole is awesome. The fact that the
length is adjustable from the mast end is a terrific feature. You shorten
it to less than the J for gibes, it extends to about 22 ft for wing on
wing.  It works well for reaching when pointed straight forward (almost at
the forestay ) or shortened and set to leeward for the mother of all
barber haulers effect.

-Francois Rivard
1990 34+ 'Take Five'
Lake Lanier, Ga