Hi Derek,

My 2QM20 might be a similar vintage to your engine. Mine has a fuse near the back of the head, port side, that has a connection which often comes loose. The symptoms shown have been no idiot light at panel or lights okay but no starter power. So far I've cured by wiggle action but one of these days I know that isn't going to work anymore. It really needs new connections, no "spring" left to grip the spade.

        Cheers, Russ
        Sweet 35 mk-1