  From: Martin DeYoung via CnC-List
  To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
  Cc: Martin DeYoung
  Sent: Sunday, June 21, 2015 6:13 PM
  Subject: Re: Stus-List Engine Troubles

  Edd,

  Have the head check closely for cracks.  Sometimes the gasket fails owing to
issues with th e head/block surfaces.

  I spent one summer season nursing my old Yanmar powered C&C 36 around the PNW
with a cracked head.  I would use the compression release to get it started
when cold.  Changed the oil every few weeks.

  We did re-power after that cruising season with a newer model Yanmar.  I
second the comment regarding the extra costs incurred when switching engine
models.  A key for me with the 36's older  model Yanmar was the future
availability of spare parts.

  Martin

  Calypso

  1971 C&C 43